Well, you are not alone. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report that 90% of all headaches are cervicogenic or that they come from your neck being out of its normal alignment. At Clairpointe Family Chiropractic, we can help you manage your headache and/or migraine pain!
Many people first reach for over-the-counter drugs to help their headaches or migraines, but they are merely masking the pain and not solving the underlying issue.
A natural solution to headaches is chiropractic care. A subluxation of the atlas or axis vertebrae can put pressure on your brain stem and cause headaches or migraines.
At Clairpointe Family Chiropractic, we will also work to restore the natural curve in your neck and proper alignment of the vertebrae through chiropractic adjustments and postural work. This will eliminate the interference in the nervous system and remove the cause of the headaches, not just mask the symptoms.
There are several types of headaches that people suffer from on a daily basis.
- A dull, aching sensation all over your head. Sensitivity around your neck, forehead, scalp, or shoulder muscles also might occur. These are often triggered by stress.
- Severe burning and piercing pain occurs around or behind one eye or on one side of the face at a time. These headaches occur in a series.
- An intense pulsing from deep within your head, which can last for days. This headache typically limits your ability to carry out your daily routine. In addition, those who suffer from migraine headaches are often sensitive to light and sound and can have nausea and vomiting.
Allergy or Sinus Headaches
- Pain from these headaches are often located along your sinus area and in the front of your head. These headaches usually come on when the seasons change or sometimes happen as a result of an allergic reaction.
- Menstruation, birth control pills, and pregnancy all affect your estrogen levels, which can cause a headache.
- These headaches happen quickly after periods of intense physical activity. An exertion headache shouldn’t last too long. This type of headache usually resolves within a few minutes or several hours.
- High blood pressure can cause you to have a headache, and this kind of headache signals an emergency. This occurs when your blood pressure becomes dangerously high.
A hypertension headache will usually occur on both sides of your head and is typically worse with any activity. It often has a pulsating quality. You may also experience changes in vision, numbness or tingling, nosebleeds, chest pain, or shortness of breath.
Along with chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Shoe and Dr. Alex have a few more suggestions to help reduce your headache pain.
Take a roll of paper towel, place one of our cold packs on top of the roll and place it under your neck.
** Make sure the ice pack is covered with a piece of paper towel; the ice pack may get too cold and irritate your skin.
Use the cervical exercises you were given in your blue new patient folder to help stretch your neck.
Home cervical tractioning will help restore and maintain the natural curve in your neck to allow for proper balance of the weight of your head on your spine.
Nutritional Supplement: Salizain
Instead of reaching for a pain reliever next time you have a headache, try Salizian by Anabolic Laboratories. Just one tablet provides 240 mg of Salicin from white willow bark. This natural product is less damaging to the body than traditional pain relievers. Salizain provides lasting, effective pain relief, thus allowing for a more timely healing response.
For more information on how Clairpointe Family Chiropractic can help
you with headaches and migraines, click here.
References: https://www.healthline.com/health/headache/types-of-headaches#caffeine-headaches, https://www.acatoday.org/Patients/Health-Wellness-Information/Headaches-and-Chiropractic
Clairpointe Family Chiropractic 18720 Mack Ave, Suite 120, GPF, MI 48236 (313) 886-8030